This Week’s Wildstar Wednesday is really amazing! Carbine not only revealed that Wildstar will have housing, but they did it in their own unique way. If you want a peek at Carbine’s art style, humor and none the less at some housing options then read on below!
Making Dreams come True … for money!
P.T. Rotostar, president and CEO of the galaxy-spanning Protostar Corporation, has just announced the immediate implementation of a bold new initiative in planetary settlement: Protostar’s Nexus Housing Initiative!
This is by far the best Feature Teaser I have seen in many years of MMO’s. Usually you get a some form of developer news, or an ingame video footage with comments if you are lucky, but rendered videos of this kind – showing off art style, humor and none the less ingame footage in a cool way – are extremely rare. Absolutely loving this video.
Of course many questions do now arise. Here are some that have come up on our IRC channel.
- Are large plots, intended for guilds or can ‘single’ players ?
- Can you own more than one house?
- Can a single player manage/build a large plot by himself?
- How expensive is housing? Is it aimed far into the elder game or will starting characters get access to some small “shack/barracks”?
- Do you continuously upgrade your house from shack to castle or do you have to build each stage from scratch (ofc assuming there are different sizes)?
- Will it require to have settlers to buy your house, or prepare a plot of land for housing?
- Will houses decay if you are offline? unsubscribed?
- “… insignificant chance to kill you!”, elaborate that please Mr P.T. Rotostar!
- Will there be some quick access to your house?
- How do you plan to limit locations for plots/houses? Could you place your house close to an instance?
- Will they cost differently at different locations?
- Can I invite my friends to the house?
- Can I break into a house?
- Can I attack an enemy faction plot?
You like the video? Let us know or add your question below!